Saturday, November 27, 2010

Eternal Slumber


 (Today brought back strong memory of a wonderful lady in my life, so I decided to re-post this poem once again)

It is hard to accept the reality
The reality confined within the realm of senses,
But beyond the realm of senses, my venture revealed
That you are still there as you always have been.
The care and the love sprinkled over six decades
I shall cherish every second till my breath last
And one day I know within the recess of my conscience
I shall dive again unto the eternity that brought me here,
And we shall meet again in the eternal slumber.
Everything born
Definitely will be gone, one day.
Time is the difference
That makes the length of survival
The reality arises swiftly
Around us daily.
Yet how many cares to know
That everything born
Definitely will be gone one day?
I learn to accept that the waves that disappear
Goes nowhere but unto the great wide ocean
Likewise in this journey of life and beauty
Everyone has to leave tracking their own footsteps
Until then their breath continues the search
When the fulfillment is reached, nothing else can hinder.
The path you walked and the door that you entered
Now seems barren and closed to my heart,
As I ponder will I see again the same you in the same form
I let my tears profusely touch my conscience to bath you.
Your presence led me to where I am now
I wish you will still lead me further in this growth
And guard me against the puny desires of the world.
Words are inadequate to describe you
Yet I am trying my best to tell you that
Despite all the good things that we have shared
Despite all the differences that we have had
Amma..you are the one and only for now and ever.
As you lay there in eternal slumber
I pray to the mighty guardian of the universe
That unto peace and great love He place you well
And reveal to me again when the time come.
Painstakingly I am trying to accept the truth
Alas! Human I am…what can I do Amma
To forget is not the right word
Nor to erase the memory is a thing desired.
All I want now Amma, just let me know every now and then
That everything there is better than here
Reveal me please, where you are now.
We will meet again in eternal slumber,
Take care Amma.
[This is a re-post. Dedicated to a wonderful lady in my life, my mother Madam Manonmani Muthiah who shed her mortal coil on 22 February 2009. May she rest in uninterrupted peace.]

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a wonderful lady.It's not easy to accept the reality. Yes,to forget is not the right word.
    Cherish the memory forever.
    Take care my friend. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I didn't know that your mum passed away. Poignant grieve can't help you forever. You have to open up and share the pain and sorrow with someone. Hope you understand what I mean.I know you will never listen. That part of you is you yourself.

    ReplyDelete