Saturday, September 20, 2008

My room, my paradise….



Everyone needs a place to enjoy the quietude and to escape the hustle and bustle of daily lives. Many finds in by the river, by the mountains or hills, under the trees and many other places, but all these places do not guarantee one the privacy to quench the longing for a deep satisfaction, to regurgitate the pains and to inhale the bliss.

Though I enjoy being close to nature, sitting in a quiet corner of my room, I can still be at peace with everything around including me, void of intrusion. Today is very special. The euphoric feeling is assailing me from all corners. I feel very light and relaxed within. That which I considered burdens and pains have vanished, at least for now. I am working in Penang (known also as the Pearl of the orient). Though, life in Penang is quite an enjoyable and pleasant one, I still prefer my hometown Taiping, which is about 85km from Penang. I have been working in Penang for almost 14 years and I could count the number of weekends that I spent in Penang.

The stillness that permeates my room is the gravitational force that is pulling me back. Being in my room propels the serenity which gives rise to an eternal feeling of non-attachment to many things. I am more inspired being in Taiping rather than in Penang. The feeling of oneness with everything around and the mysterious pleasant feeling in my room invokes an aura of utter stillness which surpasses any explanation worth given here. The whiff of an ancient, very ancient touch surrounds me all the time. It helps to recharge me for another week’s assignment, before I rush back to enjoy the tranquility of my room, again and again.

I leave the walls empty, so that one day, I can paint my favourite mural on them. Just can’t find the right time. I know I have to do that faster, before the right time, finds me!.


















©cyclopseven. All rights reserved 200908.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic post. Something very different from you. Thank you for sharing. Getting to know you better.:) Your eye speak a lot.God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are pretty good my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't expect to learn so much about your real world in one post, or in one room for that matter. :)

    Beautifully done. I love all the photos and captions and the way you describe the feelings you get in that one room.

    Btw, I think we saw your better half. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand that void of intrusion. The place where I can be at peace with myself.

    Maybe the euphoric feelings you have last forever.

    BTW, I visited Penang in 2003.

    *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Venus66...how are you? All this while I thought, my mouth speaks a lot, now I know my eye too can speak..and that too..a lot. Just kidding, buddy.Thank you very much for the comment.

    Aha...Scarlet..you sure have a way to express things. Yeah..you learn about a small part of my life. You think, that's the better half? Be it as it may, buddy. Thank you for the visit.

    Hi Gautami, I wish the euphoric feelings last forever. You were in Penang?..I didn't know know you exist..:). Perhaps next time you can let me know earlier. We can meet, can bring along Venus66 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha! The man himself unveiled - well a wee bit anyway :) Loved your post as I can relate so well to the peace and serenity in the privacy of one's room - it is a place rare few are allowed access to, at least in my case. May your room always be your haven.

    ReplyDelete